Director of the Lincoln Library
Notice of Vacancy
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of director of the Lincoln Library. Under the direction of the vice president for academic affairs, the director is responsible for oversight and supervision of the learning resources of the Lincoln Library. The director also works with the campus community to articulate a clear vision regarding the transforming role of the library in a higher education setting. In addition, it is expected that the director will build and maintain relationships within the community at large to support potential synergies and collaborative potential with our local stakeholders.
- Provides effective and visionary leadership to the library and its personnel.
- Establishes and maintains a student-centered approach with regard to library resources and related programming.
- Applies contemporary and emerging library practices to support effectiveness and planning.
- Maintains records and analyzes statistics to guide decision making.
- Administers the library’s online research and discovery resources and develops policies and procedures for reference services.
- Develops policies and procedures for interlibrary loan services and provides oversight of the College’s participation in OhioLINK.
- Prepares and administers the library budget and provides acquisition, planning and fiscal guidance to learning resource needs.
- Supervises and evaluates library staff and student workers.
- Creates and administers on-campus training and programming for library and bibliographic instruction.
- Maintains library holdings and electronic resources to ensure library resources/services are reflective of the needs of the academic programs.
- Works with the College’s academic community to identify and implement new and improved, collaborative models for collection development, acquisitions, technical processing and customer service.
- Collaborates with College personnel, as appropriate, to acquire external support, to include grant development and acquisition.
- Ensures alignment with the College’s planning processes, to include the strategic plan.
- Develops and maintains the library’s website and LibGuide pages.
- Supports and provides planning to the College’s goal to have the library serve as an academic services hub.
- Depending upon the qualifications of the candidate and the needs of the College, faculty rank may be considered.
- Depending upon the qualifications and instructional needs, possibilities exist for part-time teaching, as reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the VPAA/CAO.
- Master’s degree in library science required.
- Experience with best practices in learning resources at the college level required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in a close-knit team environment required.
- A minimum of three years of professional library experience in a college or university setting.
- Experience with working with faculty in various disciplines in a liberal arts setting.
- Experience with grant-writing and external funding.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Director of the Lincoln Library Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Candidates who do not meet the required qualifications criteria will not be considered. Applications are preferred by March 1, 2018. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE