Mission, Vision, and Institutional Learning Outcomes
Lake Erie College will empower students by successfully integrating the following elements into the learning experience:
- The development of strong personal attributes,
- Creative problem solving, and
- The balance of personal and professional goals with the needs of others.
The College is committed to being mission-driven, fostering strong partnerships and collaboration in the region, service to the community, embracing diversity and inclusion, and helping students successfully reach their academic goals.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Guided by our institutional mission and vision, the broad learning outcomes are intended to provide a framework for the collegiate experience at Lake Erie College and are attributes, skills, abilities, and attitudes that students are expected to develop and obtain during their learning experience.
As a result of a Lake Erie College education, students will:
- Understand the value and processes of self-discovery
- Engage in the development of strong personal attributes
- Practice and apply creative problem-solving skills
- Achieve a balance of personal and professional goals in relation to the needs of others to include the local and global communities
- Analyze complex information and reach conclusions backed by credible and fact-based evidence
- Apply quantitative methods to analyze, interpret, and solve problems from a wide array of practical and applied contexts
- Communicate in a clear, inclusive, engaged, and well-reasoned manner
- Critically reflect upon works of creative expression and create and think with innovation and imagination
- Employ a cultural awareness to engage effectively in a variety of intercultural contexts
About Lake Erie College
Lake Erie College emphasizes the individual, not the "masses." Our classes are taught by professors, not graduate students. Classes are small, allowing students and professors to know one another. We can honestly say that everyone "will know your name." Not only will the faculty and majority of the Lake Erie staff recognize you, but we care deeply about the success, development and happiness of our students.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Lake Erie College seeks to be an institution where individuals of all backgrounds feel welcomed. We also strive to ensure that all within the campus community hold themselves accountable for contributing positively to a culture of inclusion and empowerment. We are committed to an institution that respects the breadth of diversity, which includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, age, disability, background, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. With the understanding that diversity must align with inclusiveness, the College seeks to support an environment that is welcoming, supportive, and dignified with regard to programming, support, and services. We recognize that we must have an environment where stakeholders may express opinions, thoughts, or ideas freely and openly, and in such a way, that embraces differences with acceptance and respect as part of our growth and sustainability strategy.
Lake Erie College seeks to emblemize a culture that projects our diversity and inclusion values into the communities that surround us. We recognize that inclusion should be a campus ideology. Without diversity and inclusion, in its broadest sense, our ability to accomplish our mission fully is hindered. [Developed and Approved by the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force – February 2017]
Fill out the form below to receive more information from us!