HVACR Commercial Studies and Development
Interested in launching or expanding your career in the in-demand industry of commercial climate control? Take advantage of Lake Erie College's Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Commercial Studies and Development program. This new program addresses a need in the workforce by properly training individuals in commercial HVACR maintenance.
With convenient evening classes, the HVACR program can be completed in as little as one year through four unique course modules. As a student in the program, you’ll benefit from real-world experience - Lake Erie College’s campus offers a perfect lab with a variety of HVACR systems and equipment. This program will prep you for HVAC jobs in any setting, but is geared toward buildings and facilities in a commercial sector. Completion of this program qualifies you to be employed in any commercial facility.
- Electrical theory and safety
- Theory of Heat
- Low Pressure Boilers
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Classes meet three times a week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 6:00 -10:00 p.m. and each module is twelve weeks long. Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Price of the full program pricing is $14,700. (Tuition includes all tools and supplies; students will be billed each semester.)
- This is a 576 hour program offered through 4 courses
- 1 course per semester
- Program will follow the LEC calendar for start of courses, tuition refund schedule, etc.
- Topics covered in the courses will prepare students to take the following licensure exams (administered by Lake Erie College with certificates issued by the EPA):
- EPA License 608
- EPA License 609
- OSHA 30-Hour Safety Certificate
- Pricing model options:
- Semester 1: $4,475 (based on estimate of $1,000 cost for tools and supplies)
- Semesters 2, 3 and 4: $3,425 each
- Students can start any semester as long as they pass a placement test to start in any module except for module 1.
- Students may earn North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification in up to 12 fields relating to various aspects of HVACR. Each NATE certification carries an additional fee.
Electrical Theory and Safety
Electrical theory will explore how to identify electrical issues, what electricity is derived from and what safety practices are involved. You will earn a certificate for 30 hour OSHA Safety in this module.
Theory of Heat
Theory of heat will focus on where heat is derived from and made in dealing with all types of heating systems. You will begin to identify components in systems and their parts in the overall operation of the system.
Low Pressure Boilers
This module will focus on water and steam boilers with system functions and applications. You will get an enormous amount of hands-on experience and installation throughout this module.
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
In this module the student will learn about the various components of a cooling system and how the system works. There will be heavy hands-on and field experience during this module. You will finish with two certificates in refrigeration which are the 608 and 609.
This certificate preparation program does not carry with it academic credit that is applicable to Lake Erie College degree programs.