Estimated Program Costs
Full Tuition pending Board of Directors approval for the 27 months: $84,00.00 (Cohort starting May 2019). This includes the following items:
- Professional Instruments Lease
- Surgical Scrubs (two pair)
- Lab Coat with Logo (one coat)
- Student Clinical Tracking Software
- Board Preparation and Exam Materials
- Electronic Medical Research Database (Medline)
- Electronic Medical Reference (Access Medicine)
- OAPA Student Membership Fee
- AAPA Student Membership Fee
- BLS Training
- ACLS Training
- Additional medical certifications (HIPAA, OSHA BloodBorne Pathogens and Universal Precautions, and more)
Policies and procedures for student withdrawal, refunds of tuition and fees, and policies and procedures for processing student grievances can be found in the student manual here.
- Graduation Fee $150.00
Other estimated expenses*
- Rent and Utilities - $24,300.00
- Food - $10,800.00
- Transportation - $10,650.00
- Health Insurance - $2,700.00
- Laptop Computer and Privacy Screen - $2,000.00
- Wireless Electronic Device - $500.00
- Immunizations and Tuberculosis testing - $200.00
- Printing - $200.00
- Castlebranch Background Check and Records - $150.00
- Physical examinations - $100.00
Other potential expenses*
- AAPA Conference Attendance (Semesters 4 and 7) $3000.00
- Clinical Rotation Application Fee (Cleveland Clinic) $50.00
*subject to change
Students are required to pay a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within two weeks to hold their position. A second non-refundable deposit of $500 is due before March 15th in order to continue to hold the position. Applicants receiving an admission offer after March 1st will be required to submit the entire non-refundable deposit of $1,500 to hold their position. The non-refundable deposit will be applied towards tuition.
The tuition for in-state and out-of-state residents is the same. Tuition does not cover costs for student housing, food, transportation, or other expenses incurred during the program by the student. Estimated expenses consider average total cost of living for students in Painesville. Tuition does not cover Program requirements including health insurance, laptop computer and privacy screen, wireless electronic device, immunizations and tuberculosis testing, printing, background check and records, and physical examinations. Deposit, tuition, and fees are subject to change without notice.
PAYMENT OF TUITION AND FEES
All charges are due and payable on the schedule published by Lake Erie College Bursar's Office. Circumstances which prevent a student from adhering to these dates, should be discussed with the Bursar's Office. Students attending school under grants and/or loans should confer with the Bursar's Office concerning payment of fees. Students attending school under the G.I. Bill may discuss payment of school fees with the Bursar. Failure to make proper payments, unless otherwise cleared with the Bursar's Office, will result in dismissal from the College. The College will not issue grades, grant degrees, or furnish academic transcripts furnished until all financial obligations have been satisfied and all College property returned.
Policies and procedures for student withdrawal, refunds of tuition and fees, and policies and procedures for processing student grievances can be found in the student manual.
TUITION REFUND SCHEDULE
- If withdraw/drop during week 1 of the semester - 100% refund
- If withdraw/drop during week 2 of the semester - 80% refund
- If withdraw/drop during week 3 of the semester - 60% refund
- No refund if withdraw/drop after week 3 of the semester
- If a student withdraws/ drops a class, all books and equipment must be returned to the program. Students may be billed for any items not returned.
- $1,500 non-refundable acceptance fee will not be considered toward tuition refund.
Help with financial assistance is available to all students by the Financial Aid Office. Please click here to direct to the Financial Aid Office web page.