Earn college credit in high school through Lake Erie College's College Credit Plus Program!
Lake Erie College's CCP program allows eligible students to earn high school and college credit that will appear on both their high school and college transcripts.
College Credit Plus Information Nights
College Credit Plus (CCP) was enacted into Ohio law in September 2014. Effective with the 2015-2016 school year, CCP replaces the Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program and redefines "alternative dual enrollment programs." Learn more from the Ohio Department of Education.
Lake Erie College offers two options for College Credit Plus:
- Take college courses on the LEC campus.
- Take college courses at your high school from accredited teachers through our dual enrollment program. LEC classes are currently taught at Euclid High School - Euclid, Fairport Harding High School - Fairport Harbor, Harvey High School - Painesville.
Why choose College Credit Plus at Lake Erie College?
- You can learn subjects from professors who are experts in their respective fields.
- If you're concerned about the cost of a college education, the CCP program can offer considerable savings. By earning college credit in high school, you can reduce your investment in higher education.
- You can possibly reduce the total number of credits you will need in the future for your baccalaureate degree.
- The average class size is 15 students.
- Scholarships are available for LEC CCP students once you enroll full-time after high school graduation.
- You can participate in campus clubs and organizations and can be involved with our theatre productions.
- You can enjoy free access to all LEC sporting events with your student ID, including home football and basketball games.
- A student can take up to 2 classes their first semester at Lake Erie College, and by maintaining a 3.0 GPA, they may take a maximum of 3 courses per semester.
College Credit Plus Forms
Deadline to apply for classes on the LEC Campus is April 15th.
The following criteria are used as standards for College Credit Plus admission:
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.3 in core high school courses
- ACT or SAT (for class placement)
- Online Application for Admission or PDF Application for Admission
- Guidance Counselor Recommendation Form
- Release of Educational Records Form
Are you a school administrator?
Contact Taylor Graham, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.